Natural Face Mask for Dry, Flaky and Sensitive skin - Aromatherapy


oatmeal mask

Just when summer ended and the weather was starting to get colder I tackled with sensitive skin that was also so dry that some spots were a bit flaky and itched. I decided to search for gentle and natural exfoliants to help me recover my skin because it started to get painful. 
Oatmeal is excellent for sensitive skin and to treat other skin problems because it contains anti-inflammotry and antioxidant properties.

I decided to try it out for myself but found that the normal recipes were still quite painful for my skin. That’s how sensitive my skin was. Oatmeal is excellent for sensitive skin and to treat other skin problems because it contains anti-inflammotry and antioxidant properties.

So I grinded the oatmeal as fine as possible to still enjoy its benefits, and I was surprised by how gentle it felt. Exfoliating didn’t hurt one bit, it actually felt very pleasant.
I added some of the essential oils that would also help my skin to restore itself. In the DIY video below I explain a little bit about the benefits that each essential oil has.
Avocado oil is the major ingredient in this recipe. I find that it’s pure bliss for skin that is dry, flaky and extremely sensitive. It doesn’t burn the skin or cause it to itch at all. It definitely helped for my skin to improve.
In combination with getting back to a healthy food pattern, using avocado oil as a moisturizer at night and this facial exfoliant, my skin went from extremely dry and flaky to less sensitive and smooth again.

If you also have a very sensitive and dry skin and would want an exfoliant to get rid of flaky skin, you can try this recipe.

Recipe for one or two treatments

  • ½ cup of ground oatmeal
  • 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
  • 2 drops of Patchoulli essential oil
  • 2 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil
  • 4 drops of Rose essential oil



Geen opmerkingen