Over the years I have
tried many home made recipes for beauty. But this turmeric recipe is by far one
of my favourite home made masks and body scrubs of all time. I am so happy that
I’m able to share this with everyone!
I see the turmeric
root as a highly valuable product because it has been used for so many
centuries and still is used today in cultures over the world. Indian brides and
grooms receive a full body treatment with the use of turmeric root the day before
their wedding. It prepares the skin to feel and look amazing the next day. And
it truly does. When I was a little girl, I would see the brides and grooms from
my own family getting that full body treatment. I remember wishing that I could
have that too because it looked wonderful! I couldn’t wait till the day that I
would be a bride! But why wait so long if I can pamper myself at any moment.
Popular facial creams
and body products from India contain turmeric extract and are know to be
helpful for women who try to get rid of scars and want smooth skin. One of them
is Vicco cream. All the women in my
family (and that is a lot) have used this product in the past, including me.
And there were positive results for our
skin. Unfortunately, I was disappointed to find out that it also contains
substances that dry out the skin on long term. I stopped using it a few years
ago and switched to using raw turmeric root instead.
My mom taught me how
they used to make it in the Indian culture in Surinam, and to always use the
turmeric root instead of the powder. The raw root contains more nutrients.
I have been loving this fresh and natural turmeric treatment ever since. The scent, the colour, the way it tastes (in fresh juice for instance), makes it all feel like a very healthy product that contains many benefits.
I have been loving this fresh and natural turmeric treatment ever since. The scent, the colour, the way it tastes (in fresh juice for instance), makes it all feel like a very healthy product that contains many benefits.
- Helps to brighten the skin and get rid of dark circles
- Reduces acne, skin irritation, rashes and redness on the skin
- Leaves you with glowing skin, even after just one treatment
- Lightens stretch marks too
- Its antiseptic properties make it possible to relief burns
- Allows gentle exfoliation for all skin types
- It can reduce acne scars
Here you can see a video tutorial I made on how to use the turmeric root to make a facemask and a facial scrub. You don’t have to stay with the face only, other body parts will benefit from this mask too. For instance upper body, legs and shoulders and back.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- 2 teaspoons of rosewater
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of olive oil
Most of these ingredients are available at a health food store, accept for the sandalwood powder. I order that one online.
How do you use turmeric? And have you noticed any of the results? Feel free to ask questions or to leave your comments below!


Geen opmerkingen